I’ve been nominated for my first-ever blogger recognition award, The Liebster Award. Since I had never really heard of it I had to check it out. Here is what I found:
What is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award 2017 is an award that exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest case of the award goes as far back as 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
So the cliff notes version is: Fellow bloggers nominate each other in an effort to introduce folks to new blogs and the people behind those blogs.
I would like to thank the wonderful Amy from @MuscleMatters for nominating me! Amy runs a blog about fitness, weight loss, muscle gain, and motivation. On more than one occasion, I’ve come across a blog post of hers that really resonated with me and spoke to my personal issues, often mirroring exactly what I was on my mind that day. Does she read my mind, lol? Thank you, so much, Amy I am honored!
Amy gave me a list of 5 questions to answer. So, in the spirit of getting to know each other better, here goes . . .
- What is your next goal for your blog? To grow my subscriber list and have more interaction and engagement.
- What is your favorite social media platform to promote your blog, and why? That’s a tough one! Facebook is the easiest, but I get more interaction from Instagram and Twitter and I like interacting with my readers.
- What would you consider your biggest “win” in terms of your blog since you began? Meeting, interacting, and gaining support from other bloggers. There is such a community of support for new bloggers even though we all do the same thing.
- What is your biggest pet peeve? Hmmm? In general or in terms of blogging, lol? In general, it’s people that just can not be on time! That completely drives me bonkers….In blogging, I’m not sure.
- What is your all-time favorite movie, and why? This is easy, Fried Green Tomatoes! I just loved this movie from the first time I saw it! Ironically, I have never sat and saw it completely from beginning to end at one time….Why? It’s a toss up between the characters played by Jessica Tandy-Ninny Threadgoode and Kathy Bates-Evelyn Couch. Kathy’s character Evelyn, has always resonated with me, even in my “younger” days. She was in mid-life trying to “find herself”. I especially love the scene in grocery store parking lot where “Evelyn” is trying to park and those young girls zip in and “steal the parking space”. They look at her and say “Face it lady, we’re younger and faster”. She sits for a moment then yells “Towanda”!!!! as she gleefully starts ramming their car then looks at them and says “Face it, girls, I’m older and I have more insurance” and drives off.
The best part of this award is I get to nominate 5 more bloggers! So without further ado, the nominees are:
Lori from Choosing Wisdom.org
Head on over to their blogs and check them out!
The Rules for Liebster Award Nominees
- On your blog, thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
Link back to the blogger that awarded you.
Upload the award to your blog. This can be done by writing a post about the award, and uploading the award image in your sidebar.
Answer the questions you have been asked by your nominator in a blog post so we can get to know you better.
Nominate at least 5 blogs with less than 200 followers that you believe deserve to receive this award.
Notify the owners of the blogs that you’ve nominated them so they can accept their award. Bloggers can be nominated more than once, giving their readers more chances to learn more about them.
Okay, fellow bloggers, it’s time to get to know you better. Here are my questions for you:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Give a tip for other bloggers or potential blog starters:
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?
- Where is your favorite place to travel to?
- What is the best memory that you have while traveling?
- For what in your life do you feel most grateful?
I can’t wait to read your answers!
Thank you again, Amy for this awesome nomination!