Working It Out

Did you get to see the solar eclipse? Our coverage was supposed to be about 82%. “The Man” came home from work and went to bed, but asked me to get him up about 15 mins before peak time. He was going to take Noah and Miss Quinn out to see it. We knew there was no way to safely try to let Lessa see it. And at not quite two she wouldn’t have a clue. Well, I devised a plan, that should scare you, lol!

When it was time for it to start I went out to view it. I figured I would go every 15 mins or so to see the changes and take Noah and Miss Quinn out one by one to see also, then let Pop take them out for the finale’ well you know what they say about plans! Once the moon covered the sun enough that you could start to see what was to come I took them out one at a time (I figured it would be easier to make sure they didn’t look that way). Noah, saw it once and was done, he didn’t want to see anymore. Miss Quinn, went out but didn’t want to look up to see it. So much for those viewing glasses they were so excited about. I was able to see up to approximately between 1/4-1/3 of the coverage before the clouds rolled in. By time to wake “The Man” up, thunderstorms had rolled in and the bottom had fallen out! So much for our eclipse viewing!

This has been a bit of an eye-opening week for me. I am finally realizing there are forces at work that are bigger than me. I’m still convinced the eclipse caused forces of nature that has had things off kilter, my friend posted an article about it…..on Monday….I wish I had seen it much earlier. It certainly explained a thing or two. Most people seemed to have had positive responses to this force. Me? Maybe not so much. Or maybe at then end of the day, it brought some things to light and that is good.

But like I told you Monday my hormones and system is completely out of whack too. I’m not sure that can be completely blamed on the forces of the eclipse, but I imagine it didn’t help.

Last week I told you after my WW meeting the weekend before, my commitment for the next four weeks was to track my food. Well that worked out pretty good; for a few days. Then it fell a part and I didn’t care….until Saturday morning when I got up to go to the #saturday7amsocialclub up an entire 2.5 pounds from the last time I had weighed on Wednesday. Yep. Not only did I not track but I stood in the kitchen and just ate. I’m not sure I could have accurately tracked if I had tried or wanted to. I paid little attention to what I ate. I just shoveled it in. Why? Because I could? To avoid the littles bickering and whining? It was a place to escape, I could lock my self in (baby gates are wonderful) but still see and watch them. Emotional eating? Stress eating? My inner pig just having a god ole time? Whatever you want to call it, it was on a roll!

This week I am back to tracking and being mindful of what I am eating. After my epiphany over the weekend about my hormones being a factor I am more determined than ever to get back where I need to be; physically and mentally. It is certainly not going to be as easy as I had hoped. It seems many people I know have been in the same boat. If we don’t want to keep rowing upstream without a paddle, let’s join forces and get ourselves back on the right path together! We can do this. Who is with me? We can definitely be better together! We must take care of ourselves.

What is that saying? “You can’t pour from an empty cup, take care of yourself first”

How are you doing? Let’s talk about it.

I had my session with Jeff tonight. Saturday he told me I was crazy. No not really, but that he thought I was over thinking some things. Maybe. That was before I went over the edge, almost. Sometimes I wonder if I am just doing too much. Too much exercise, is that a real thing? Actually, it can be. We will see. Aside from upping my mileage for the races, and adding weight to my workouts I have not been doing any “extra” or new activities. I have been working out the same number of days, doing essentially the same routines. Maybe the upping of the intensity is a factor. I have my appointment with my doctor tomorrow, we’ll see what she has to say.

This afternoon is the first time since the weekend that I have felt almost “normal”, whatever that is, lol. So far the only thing different is I have been tracking and eating healthfully AND today is Wednesday. This is the day I usually want to eat “all the things” and I have not had that feeling today. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that maybe, just, maybe this too shall pass.

Have you signed up to receive the blog email? If not you can do so with the subscribe button at the top right side of the page or on the “pop-up”. I will not share your email with anyone else (that would be mean) you will just be the first to know when there is a new post. You can also follow me on social media through the pop-up or by clicking the following links: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Bloglovin.  The Facebook page AND Instagram has now reached over 600 followers! Twitter and Pinterest are catching up! Thank you all for helping to get it there!

If you would like to share the blog with your Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest friends, please do. You can click the share buttons at the bottom of the post. You can also “Pin” the blog or any photos to Pinterest! Feel free to “pin away”! Your likes, comments, and shares are what helps get the blog out to more folks, and I appreciate it more than you know.

Be kind to yourself

Until the next time


Please follow and like us:

Author: Janet Earling-Bencivenni

I am a Lifestyle/Fashion Blogger, SAHGMa, Marathoner, and PowerLifter; sharing my journey of weight loss, fitness, fashion, and finding myself after 50. My hope is to help, encourage, and inspire others along their journey. I am here to tell you being 50 is indeed FIERCE!!!

4 thoughts on “Working It Out”

  1. I need to get back to WW and working out. I walk but that’s not enough.
    Imdo think the eclipse caused some things. I have a friend that had an aneurysm rupture almost 2 years ago and it gave her a headache

    1. You can do it, Maggie. Walking is better than doing nothing. At least you won’t be completely starting from square one, when you’re ready. I hope you keep me posted on your progress. I hope your friend is feeling better now that it’s over.

Leave a Reply